1. BeastWhere: 5425 NE 30th Ave
What: A meat-focused prix-fixe menu that changes frequently. Reservations are a must!
2. Bella FacciaWhere: 2934 NE Alberta Street
What: New York style pizza: some of the best in the city. Salads and beer, too.
3. Tin ShedWhere: 1438 NE Alberta
What: Cute breakfast spot that spills over with people waiting on the weekends. The patio is particularly lovely.
4. YakuzaWhere: 5411 NE 30th Ave (just south of Killingsworth)
What: Creative sushi and Asian fusion food, plus a fantastic drink selection.
5. Siam SocietyWhere: 2703 NE Alberta St
What: Upscale Thai food that sets itself apart from the other casual Thai restaurants along the street. Tip: Tuesday is happy hour all day.
6. La SirenitaWhere: 2817 NE Alberta Street
What: Super-fast, super-cheap and tasty burritos and tacos. It's all about the food here. Yes, there is a bit of grease, so if you're on a diet -- walk on by.
7. Bernie’s BistroWhere: 2904 NE Alberta Street
What: Southern food done very well. In the summertime, the patio at Bernie's is one of Portland's best.
8. loloWhere: 2940 NE Alberta Street
What: Small plates, wine, and cocktails with a Spanish flair.
9. Helser'sWhere: 1538 NE Alberta St
What: Bright, friendly spot for breakfast and lunch. The menu at Helser's includes plenty of creative combinations.
What: A full menu, including some of the city's most innovative seafood dishes.